Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Tis the Season



So I had a little mini foxy come in yesterday. Well, maybe not so little. 8 months old and she had gained ONE kilogram in just over one month. She had skyrocketed from 2.4kg at her last visit in November to 3.4kg. Her ideal weight was 2.4kg. The owner had thought she was underweight and was "building her up". She had done an admirable job. She also thought the fat roll developing over the dog's rump was "muscle". I kid you not.

To put it into perspective, the dog had gained over a third of its body weight in ONE month. That would be the equivalent of this vet putting on 18kg (and yes, I have accidentally given my weight away to anyone who can bother working it out). Being somewhat on the vertically challenged side, the result would probably be this (though hopefully less troll-like):


Though, with Christmas looming around the corner I shouldn't really joke I suppose. Bring on the belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment