Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Favorite phrases

Most aggravating phrases to a vet:

"I read on the internet..."

"Are you sure?"

"I'll just take a moment of your time..." (30 minutes later still on the phone)

"My wife would like to know..." (enter a 3-way conversation in which the husband is berated from the background for not relaying the correct information - just give her the phone buddy!)

And my personal favorite: from the lifestyle farmer who has absolutely no intention of ever getting a vet out or buying any products as they get everything at the farm store:

"I'd just like a quick word with the vet..." (enter 30 minute free consult)

This is why I pretend to be a receptionist on the phone and no longer enter the reception area unless I'm carrying a clipboard or an appropriately sick animal and looking VERY busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment