Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's not the size that counts


I had a "giant" of a dog brought in for his first puppy vaccination today. After seeing the name "Zeus" on the clipboard, I was naturally expecting a Great Dane, Mastiff or similar sized pup. Instead, I was greeted by a ball of energy in the form of a Mini-Foxy. Should've seen it coming really.

The owner pointed out a spot on its back that was shaped like a duck and I exclaimed without thinking (one of my poorer habits), "Oh, why didn't you call him Ducky?" (which I thought was more appropriate).
"Well," she replied, "I wanted to, but my grandson decided he needed a STRONG name."

Since most foxies seem to think they are just big dogs trapped in a small dog's body (the classic dog version of "small man's syndrome") I suppose it was appropriate after all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay you have returned! I was getting worried. Glad you are settling in well over there. Work is certainly differetn without you.
    Best wishes
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that is supposed to be different!

    ReplyDelete