Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Little Pony

During my first week on the job I had to rush out to an early morning horse colic as the on-call vet was already at another call. Upon arrival I drove past several very flash cars parked outside a mansion of a house, stables that were more impressive than most houses in NZ, and a horse truck that I would be happy to call home. The horse in question was a stunning animal with a long history of colic episodes that had been treated surgically in the past. Luckily he wasn't too bad and responded well to the pain relief medication administered.

I had an inkling that there was a bit of money involved (wonder what gave it away?), but was glad that it wasn't until I returned from the call that the vet chose to inform me of how much the horse was really worth. Let's just say it's more than I would spend on a house...or two. So much for the "country hacks and pleasure horses" I was told I'd be treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment