Monday, October 26, 2009

Escape plans

I recently read on another blog (littlevet - highly recommended) that the vet would hide in the toilet when a difficult client entered the clinic. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one to do so! Unfortunately, my new clinic has 2 vets & only 1 toilet, so it can turn into a race to the back of the clinic...and the other vet is bigger than me.

The nurses will soon cotton-on to this trick so I have my trusty standby when a bird consult (one day I will relate why it is better for me to avoid bird consults) or mad client walks in: making that "important" phone-call I've been avoiding all morning. That way I'm busy, but also dealing with another client so I can't put it off. Then the trick is to make the phone-call last long enough for the nurses to drag the other vet out of the toilet! Voila! Problem solved (or in my case, avoided).

Note: do not use this trick too often as nurses can be annoyingly perceptive and can only be fooled so many times...

No comments:

Post a Comment